Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blech...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! In light of this festive occasion I set out baking two pumpkin pies from scratch yesterday, along with some pumpkin spice muffins. All in all, I would have to say it wasn't one of my greatest successess! (Is that even a word?!?!)

I learned one VERY important lesson: do NOT ever use Tenderflake or the pie crust recipe that it has on the box. It actually tasted like chemicals. No joke. I did everything the box told me to, but it still tasted like chemicals/wax/nothing... depending on where you bit into the crust. Good thing the pumpkin filling was good and didn't do a bad job of covering up aformentioned crust!

So I think that Tenderflake should come to my house and clean my kitchen for me after all the trouble I went through to make their horribly distgusting crust! Do you hear me Tenderflake?!?!

So, Happy Thanksgiving - I hope your pumpkin pie was better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment