Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bethenny Frankel and her not so Skinnygirl Dish

I totally forgot to share this with you, all of my 4 readers! :)

Last week I made 1-2-3 Cookies from Bethenny Frankel's Skinnygirl Dish recipe book... you may know her from Real Housewives of New York - she's the girl we all love to hate. Anywho, I don't recommend the book - Anna & Kristina's Grocery Bag (who I love and adore, and even have a signed copy of one of Giada DeLaurentis' cookbooks - not by Giada but by A&K) gave it like a trillion thumbs down, BUT they did say that these cookies were pretty good.

So, I embarked on making them last week. And here is the recipe, should you feel so inclined when you have about 2 minutes to spare.

1 part Sugar
to 2 parts Fat
to 3 parts Flour

Add whatever else you like, whether it be nuts, chocolate chips, M&M's, Sprinkles... the list goes on. As an ode to traditional baking, I of course added chocolate chips, and you know what? They weren't half bad. Super easy and they tasted pretty much exactly like Dad's Cookies that you buy in the store - you know, the ones in the yellow bag. I have no idea how the girl stays skinny if she makes these all the time though, with all that butter, but to each his own!

Today I am making Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I realized during making them that I had no red food coloring, so I made my own. The cupcakes are cooling and look more like Maroon Velvet Cupcakes... but the batter was pretty darn good, I must say! I will post that whole episode with pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment