Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Quick Roasted Chicken & Potatoes by Gwyneth Paltrow

I'm back!  And seeing as how I have not done any cooking or baking in the last few weeks due to the arrival of a new little man in my life, I am actually going to blog about something I did not make.  All credit is due to my lovely friend, and provider of meals, CCSR, and this one, even though I didn't make it, but just popped it in the oven, hit the spot!  She told me it is super easy, and with two little ones in her house, I have to believe that what she says is true!  So without further ado, I will introduce you to Gwenyth Paltrow's Quick Roast Chicken and Potatoes.  It is truly sad that a roasted chicken is permissible as a meal during the height of summer, but really, with the weather we have been having soups and stews are fair game too!  This was delish, and the flavors all melded together to make a scrumptious plethora of goodness.  Plus, I was still picking at the leftovers a day later and may have even tried to eat it for dinner the next night.


Quick Roasted Chicken & Potatoes


Ingredients:
3 to 4 pound whole chicken
1 lemon, cut in half
6 garlic cloves, peeled
A few sprigs of fresh rosemary, sage and thyme (Superstore sells a Poultry Blend)
Coarse salt
Freshly ground black pepper
About 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 dozen new potatoes


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.


Lay the chicken, breast side up, in a roasting pan.


Squeeze the lemon over the chicken, getting the juice on and around the bird - throw the halves into the pan, along with the peeled garlic.


Liberally salt and pepper the chicken and drizzle with enough olive oil to coat - about 3 Tbsp.


Top with sprigs of herbs.


Arrange the potatoes around the chicken, and drizzle with another 3 Tbsp. of olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.


Cover and roast in oven for 20 minutes, remove foil and roast another 45 minutes or so, or until the chicken is browned and the juices run clear.



Source: Adapted from goop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment