Thursday, June 9, 2011

So many recipes, so little time...


Two posts in one week!  I must be bored!  Actually, hubby is away and I have to admit, I am kind of lonely when baby girl goes to bed.  What to do, what to do, but sit at the computer with all my good friends; foodie blogs! 

It has kind of felt a bit like summer here in our little corner of the west coast for the last few days and that has got me thinking about what I am now referring to as my Summer Foodie Bucket List.  Most of it revolves around strawberries, as I am pretty convinced that fresh, local strawberries are probably God's greatest foodie gift!  I have so many recipes stockpiled already that I need to blog about, but I control myself because I know if I do them all at once, a) they won't get read or used because there will be too many and b) I won't have anything left to recommend in a few short months as I am convinced that after baby number 2 arrives, I probably won't be doing any crazy kitchen experiments for some time!  (Unless of course, this child arrives with a brand new kitchenaid mixer in his or her hand.)

I just stumbled upon a "From Scratch Strawberry Cake" recipe that has amazing reviews, which I shall attempt and then blog about my success or failure, but I am hoping for the former.  I am also thinking Strawberry Margaritas, Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart, Strawberry Margarita Popsicles, Strawberry Scones, and the list goes on.  However, if you are not a strawberry fanatic like me, I will also attempt to woo you with Tropical Fruit Sorbet (which will require an ice cream maker, which I hope to get for my summer birthday, hint hint hubby), Grilled Chicken Fajitas (which I hope to make tomorrow night), along with homemade Pina Coladas, a Blueberry Boy Bait Cake with family grown blueberries, Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu (which I have already made and will post about soon because you will think you have died and gone to heaven when you take that first bite!), and finally a homemade Teriyaki sauce to use on a grilled meat of your choice to which I recommend Smashed New Potatos!  I promise to post all these recipes during the summer months so that you can enjoy them too.

Anything on your Summer Foodie Bucket List?

No comments:

Post a Comment